If your old cabinets in Brooklyn, NY are beginning to look a little shabby, it may be time to begin exploring the possibility of replacing them. New cabinets can dramatically increase the value of your home, and could drastically alter your interior design. Working with a qualified building materials supplier is the best way to determine which type and style of cabinetry is right for you.
Planning for cabinets
Beginning the process of cabinet replacement can be daunting. If you are unsure how to approach the project, here are some helpful hints to get your hunt for new cupboards off the ground:
- Think of resale: Before you begin replacing your cabinetry, you should determine how long you plan to stay in your home. If you are expecting to move within the next five years, you should plan to go with a high-value material that will appreciate and increase your home’s resale value.
- Determine the scope: Will you be replacing every cabinet in your home, or just one wall’s worth in the back of your kitchen? Before you begin any project, you must analyze your budget and determine how much you are willing to invest in your new cabinetry. Cabinets in Brooklyn, NY can be expensive, and replacing them is no easy task.
- Establish your layout: You should establish the layout of your kitchen as soon as possible. Where will you want your major appliances to go after the remodel is complete? Is it possible to move fixtures, such as the sink? Answering these and other layout-based questions before planning your remodel is essential.
- Get sketchy: Finally, you should have an established sketch of what you want your finished kitchen project to look like. Obtaining a clear, easy-to-read sketch of your dream remodel is the best way to make sure that your finished project looks exactly how you’ve imagined it.
Choosing your cabinets
Once you have effectively planned out your kitchen’s remodel, it’s time to choose your cabinetry. Thankfully, there is a myriad of different styles of cabinets in Brooklyn, NY available at your disposal. Here are just some of the materials that you may be tempted to utilize:
- Cherry: Cherry wood is an established, classy look that fits well in nearly every home.
- Bamboo: This eco-conscious material is exotic and modern. It’s the perfect surface for urban homes.
- Mahogany: Nothing says “old elegance” quite like mahogany cabinetry. This deep, rich wood is perfectly suited for more classical designs.
- Sapele: This medium-colored wood is understated and beautiful. It looks excellent when treated with a textured stain to accentuate its natural qualities.
Choosing hardware and finishes are equally important. Consulting with your local construction materials supplier is the best way to determine what is ideally suited for your lifestyle, budget and home.
Since 1959, Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. has been providing high-quality construction supplies to communities in and around Brooklyn, NY. We are known for our friendly and professional service, our expert staff and our extreme attention to detail. If you are looking for new cabinets in Brooklyn, NY, consult with one of our knowledgeable team members today to determine which type and style suits your lifestyle the best!
Categorised in: Cabinets
This post was written by