Tile offers a unique touch to homes. Its flexibility, durability and beauty are certain to raise your home value and attract prospective buyers. There are few rooms in your home that cannot be improved with tile! Here are six ways tile in Brooklyn, NY will increase the value of your home:
- Unique design: If you can imagine it, you can create it with tile. Since it comes in pieces, it is easy to design a floor, backsplash or shower wall that does not look like it came out of just any home. Create geometric shapes or choose tile that is both durable and decorative. You can also choose bright colors and add a bit of extra where it may not have existed before. When you buy wood paneling or wallpaper, you do not enjoy this same flexibility. Tile offers an opportunity to make your home décor truly reflect your tastes.
- New flooring: The possibilities with tile and flooring are endless. If you wish to err on the conservative side, choose white or a muted color. However, if you are feeling adventurous, choose bright colors, create patterns or attempt a mid-century look if your home was built in the 1950s or 1960s. Whether you want a muted bathroom or a kitchen with a diner effect, tile can produce the look you seek.
- The backsplash: Kitchens and bathrooms with a tile backsplash receive immediate attention. These serve a practical function by protecting walls from excess water, but they are best known for their decorative effects. You can create texture and depth where it is needed, which will transform your space. Like with floors, you can stay muted and conservative or create a pop of color that really draws attention from your visitors and prospective buyers, should you place your home on the market soon.
- Better bathrooms: Fiberglass walls in a shower are enough for a rental or a first-time homeowner who simply wishes for a habitable space. Later, though, you may desire something more luxurious. That is where tile comes in. You can tile your entire shower wall with color or decorative tile for a spa effect or create a pop of color. Some title designs resemble marble or wood, so there is something for every taste.
- The grand entrance: Tile is not limited to kitchens and bathrooms! Bring it out into your living room and entrance areas for a magical effect. Add a new design to your front entrance to give visitors a colorful focal point. Use it to create wall borders throughout your living spaces.
- Take it outside: Landscaping and curb appeal also add value to your home. Being durable as well as beautiful, tile can survive outside, too. Add tile to a walkway, patio, garden or gazebo if you want truly unique landscaping.
For an expansive inventory of tile in Brooklyn, NY, visit or call Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. We look forward to helping you with your home improvement or building project!
Categorised in: Tile
This post was written by