One of the most sought-after amenities in updated kitchens these days is granite countertops. New granite countertops add both functional and aesthetic value, which are one of the main reasons why so many homeowners look to include them in their kitchen remodels.
Here are just a few examples of some of the benefits of granite countertops in Brooklyn, NY:
- Outstanding durability: You won’t find many more durable stone-based countertop materials than granite, especially in the same price range. It’s difficult to scratch or chip the surface of granite, even if you try to do so. If the stone is properly sealed (ideally by a professional), you can extend the life of the counter indefinitely, helping it resist stains in the process.
- Natural appearance: People love granite because of how well it maintains its natural appearance, even after it’s been polished to have a high sheen. This brings a very earthy sort of feeling into your home, and can help you feel a bit more comfortable and at home in your kitchen.
- Clean: Granite is excellent at resisting dirt, grime and bacteria. Because there is not a porous surface to the countertop, you won’t have to worry about anything soaking into the material, which means you won’t have to worry as much about dirt, bacteria and muck being trapped in your kitchen and potentially contaminating your food. The lack of pores in the surface and the high-quality, smooth sealant also make it easier for you to clean up messes you make while preparing food.
- Easy to repair: If you do ever somehow manage to scratch or chip the granite, you can easily fix it so you don’t have to just deal with an unsightly chip in the material forever. You can have the person who installed your countertop come out and use a sort of putty or epoxy that then gets dyed to match the color of your countertop, then reseal the stone to protect it from further spills. This is even a job you can do yourself if you’re comfortable with it—the epoxy or putty you’d use is often sold in home goods stores. But if it’s anything beyond a small blemish in the surface, you might want to have a professional handle it so you don’t risk making the area even more unsightly.
- Ideal for families: Do you have a large family or multiple people who use the kitchen to prepare food? Granite is ideal for these types of family situations because it’s resistant to spills and damage—even resisting heat from hot pans set directly on the surface. It’s also a great option for families with pets, because if you have a cat that likes to jump on counters, you won’t have to worry about its claws scratching the surface.
Want to know more about granite countertops in Brooklyn, NY and why they are an ideal choice for your home? Contact Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. today with your questions and we’ll be happy to provide you with further information.
Categorised in: Granite Countertops
This post was written by