If you’re looking into upgrading your kitchen or bathroom, one of the most effective ways of giving yourself an aesthetic overhaul at a relatively low cost is to put down some new tile. You can potentially tile your bathroom without having to hire an expensive contractor, and so long as you take your time and do the job well, this can be a great way to increase the value of your home.
Here are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with bathroom tile in Brooklyn, NY:
- Inexpensive maintenance: Whether you’re putting the tiles on your floor or on the wall, they offer a big advantage in terms of maintenance over other flooring or wall options. These tiles are typically water repellant and do not need much care once they’ve been installed. You can easily sponge or wipe off debris, and while you might need to apply sealant or caulk every now and then, they should last you for years once they’re installed.
- Relatively inexpensive: Tiles are some of the best choices available in terms of cost effectiveness. The costs per square foot, combined with the low maintenance and longevity you get out of those tiles, makes them an excellent choice for your floor or wall. Keep in mind that different tile materials will vary in price, especially for flooring options, where there are more choices like heavy, durable stone that could bring much more of a “luxury” price than, say, ceramic.
- Outstanding durability: In the right conditions, tiles will last you as long as you need them to. There are buildings that are thousands of years old that were adorned with tiles that are still in place today. So long as you are good with the grout and sealant you use, your kitchen or bathroom could continue benefiting from that added value for years to come.
- Easy to install: As we previously mentioned, you don’t necessarily have to worry about hiring a professional to come in and get the installation done for you. Take your time, and watch some instructional videos on YouTube ahead of time, and you’ll find you can get the job done yourself with a few days of work. Even about 150 square feet could reasonably get done in a single day, even if you’re a beginner.
- Numerous style options: You aren’t limited much at all with regard to the style options available for tiles. We offer options such as granite, ceramic, porcelain, marble, quartzite, onyx, stone and pebble, metal, glass, travertine, cement, wood lookalike and hardwood—and this is just a sampling of some of the options you’ll find available on the market.
Want to know more about the benefits of tile in Brooklyn, NY and how you can get your tiling job done yourself in your bathroom? Contact the team at Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. today and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have for us about our services or the tile options we have available for you.
Categorised in: Tile
This post was written by Writer