Adding a patio to your home is a great way to be able to spend more time outside doing the things that you love. Investing in the construction of a quality patio often allows you to dedicate more time to your favorite outdoor hobbies, like grilling and gardening.
Choosing the type of surface to use when building a patio at your home or business, however, can be challenging. Today, there are a number of different options for property owners hoping to add a patio to their space. Some may opt to use patio pavers in Brooklyn, NY, while others might prefer a more cost-effective strategy, like stamped concrete.
While both construction materials have their merits, there are also several drawbacks to consider, as well. Before deciding whether pavers or concrete will be right for your property, there are several things that you should think about.
Building a concrete patio at your home or business can substantially reduce the amount of money that you invest in building materials in Brooklyn, NY. Here are a few facts to know before constructing a concrete patio:
- Lots of patterns and colors: Thanks to a recent explosion in the popularity of stamped concrete, there are now more options than ever before. You can choose virtually any pattern and combination of stains you desire.
- Susceptible to cracking and chipping: Concrete is an exceptionally durable substance. It is not, however, indestructible. In fact, it’s highly susceptible to chipping and cracking, especially when sidewalk salt is used to melt ice.
- Fading and complex repairs: It’s common for colored stamped concrete to fade over time, especially if its regularly exposed to sunlight, salt and heavy usage. When paved patios are damaged, repairs can be complex and costly.
Paved patios are, by and large, the most popular patio option, and for good reason. Here are a few things to know about paved patios before you decide to invest in one:
- Easy to repair: One of the primary benefits of using interlocking patio pavers in Brooklyn, NY is the fact that they’re exceptionally easy to repair. If a stone chips, it’s only necessary to replace a single stone, which can often be done in just a few minutes.
- Design versatility: You can truly make your patio design your own when using pavers. There are practically unlimited combinations of colors, stone types and stone shapes to choose from. The only barrier to designing a truly creative patio is your own imagination.
- Weeds can sprout: One of the downsides to using patio pavers is the fact that weeds can grow up and sprout through the stones, especially if they weren’t professionally installed.
Regardless of the type of patio that you opt to build, you can rely on Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. to provide you with all of the necessary building materials in Brooklyn, NY. We specialize in selling a wide inventory of patio pavers in Brooklyn, NY. To learn more about our comprehensive selection of patio pavers and more, visit our store or contact one of our friendly representatives today.
This post was written by