A bathroom renovation is one of the most common types of home improvement projects, and it can make a big difference in your space. Not only can improvements to your bathroom make your space look brighter, more stylish and more inviting, bathroom renovations can also improve the value and curb appeal of your home as a whole. Even something as simple as new tile in Brooklyn, NY can make a big difference in your bathroom. Read on to find out how to select the tile that’s right for your space:
- Think about texture: Tile doesn’t just come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors—it also comes in a variety of different textures. Texture can add to the aesthetic appeal of your space and can contribute to greater comfort in your bathroom. It’s a good idea to shop for tile in a showroom so that you can touch and interact with different options to find the texture that you like best.
- Use color strategically: When you’re selecting the color for your bathroom tile, you should think about more than just which colors you like best. In smaller bathrooms, lighter colors can add a sense of space and make the bathroom feel brighter and airier. In large bathrooms, striking colors like bold blues and reds or blacks can be used as stylish accents that add depth and make the space feel more dynamic. You should think about the specific configuration and layout of your space so you can choose tiles that will work best for you.
- Stay consistent with style and color: You can create a unique look with multiple types of tile in your bathroom, but be careful not to go overboard with different styles and colors. Try to stick to no more than three different types of tiles that all match the same color palette. This will give you the ability to create visual interest in your bathroom without any color clashing.
- Choose tile materials carefully: Different types of tile require different levels of care and maintenance. Think about the amount of time that you’re willing to spend maintaining and cleaning your tile in Brooklyn, NY before you make a selection. If you’re looking for something low-maintenance, consider materials like porcelain or ceramic. Typically, tile made from natural stone requires more maintenance because it is naturally porous.
- Take safety into account: Certain types of tile can be extra slippery, so it’s important to consider safety when you’re selecting your tile. Make sure that any tile to be used for floors, baths and showers will offer traction when wet so that you can minimize safety concerns.
Find high quality tile in Brooklyn, NY
If you’re looking for quality tile in Brooklyn, NY for your bathroom renovation, reach out to the team of experts at Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. For decades, our family owned business has been proud to provide our customers with high quality building materials and products designed to deliver reliable, consistent performance. To find out more about what we have in stock and to schedule a consultation to discuss your project, give our team a call.
Categorised in: Tile
This post was written by Writer