From concrete to flagstone, there’s certainly no shortage of patio materials on the market. One of the best materials you can choose, though, is patio pavers. Pavers are relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to install on your own, as long as you know what you’re doing. This post will teach you a few helpful patio paver installation tips in Brooklyn, NY:
- Choose your pavers: First off, you’ll need to pick out your pavers. As we’ll see below, there are tons of options out there, so be sure to take your time and weigh all the possibilities.
- Prep the area: With your pavers picked out, you can start preparing your new patio area. Draw the perimeter with marking paint and then drive stakes into the ground to mark its height.
- Clear out grass and soil: Installing pavers without clearing the grass and dirt from the area will lead to an uneven patio surface, so use a spade and shovel to clear out the area.
- Lay the base: Your paver base should be about four inches deep throughout your entire patio area. Use a rake to spread the base evenly and consider renting a plate compactor if you’re building a large patio.
- Add and level the sand: Paver sand helps hold the pavers in place, so you’ll need to be sure the sand is laid and leveled before adding the pavers themselves. Keep an eye on where you’re walking, as you don’t want to have to re-level an area after stepping in it.
- Place the pavers: Start in a corner and lay the pavers down one by one. Place them straight down into the sand and keep them snugly together.
- Finish it up: Finally, spread a layer of paver sand over the entire patio. Use a push broom to ensure sand gets in between all the gaps.
Which pavers are right for you?
There are tons of different pavers out there, and making the right decision isn’t always easy. Here are a few things to consider:
- Brand: One of our top patio paver installation tips in Brooklyn, NY is to choose a trusted paver brand. Installing a name brand ensures the pavers won’t just look great, but also that they won’t fall apart in a few years. At Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc., we carry all the top brands that are sure to last for years to come.
- Style: There are tons of different paver styles out there. Each style has its own advantages, but they don’t all work for every home or backyard. Some styles will complement the rest of your outdoor space better than others, so try out a few different styles before making your decision.
- Budget: Last, but certainly not least, you’ve got to consider your budget. There’s no reason to spend a fortune on a patio, so don’t go overspending. If you want the best pavers without breaking the bank, be sure to get them from Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc.
Don’t buy your pavers anywhere but Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. On top of our vast selection of affordable pavers, we’re glad to provide expert patio paver installation tips in Brooklyn, NY. Come see us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Patio Pavers
This post was written by