Bluestone’s beautiful appearance and durable qualities make it a fantastic choice for countertops in any kitchen. Even though it’s a tough stone, you’ve got to be careful with it to ensure it lasts for years without needing repairs. With this in mind, this post will teach you a few of the top bluestone care tips in Brooklyn, NY:
- Clean up spills: Bluestone is more porous than other stone countertop materials, meaning that it’s not as stain resistant. Any spills, especially wine or juice, should be wiped up with a soft cloth right away. We recommend having your bluestone sealed every few years for additional protection.
- Use a cutting board: One of our best bluestone care tips in Brooklyn, NY is to invest in a few cutting boards. Slicing and dicing directly on the bluestone countertop will cause permanent scratches while also dulling your blades. On top of that, using a cutting board is much more sanitary.
- Avoid acids: Acidic juices and even some cleaners can make your bluestone dull. Try to avoid any contact with acidic substances, and double-check that you only use bluestone-safe cleaners.
- Protect with mats and trivets: Just like with marble, bluestone surfaces can actually burn. So, when you’re cooking, never place any hot pots or pans directly on top of the stone. Even if you don’t think the item is that hot, it’s best to err on the side of caution and place it on a trivet.
Buy your countertops at Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc.
When it comes time to get new bluestone countertops, be sure to shop at Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. Here are the top reasons our customers shop with us:
- Wide selection: When it comes to a variety of products, nobody tops our showroom. Along with an assortment of bluestone countertops, we carry marble, granite, soapstone, quartzite and much more. Whatever natural stone you need, you can trust that we have it in stock or will be able to get it for you.
- High-quality stone: All of our products are also the best quality out there! As long as you follow our basic care tips mentioned above, you can rest easy knowing that your new natural stone countertops will stand the test of time.
- Fast installation: There’s no need to wait around for weeks on end to get your new countertops. Buy from Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc. and you can have new counters in a matter of days. Come on down today to get started with the process!
- Great prices: If you thought bluestone countertops have to cost a fortune, think again. We have the most competitive prices in the city when it comes to all sorts of different stones and countertop materials. You can shop around at different stores, but we guarantee you won’t find a better deal than at Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc.
For more bluestone care tips in Brooklyn, NY or to check out our inventory, come on down to our showroom! We only carry the finest stone countertops, so there’s no reason to shop anywhere but Luisi Building Materials Company, Inc.
Categorised in: Countertop Materials
This post was written by Writer